Viva Las Vegas!

Hey,
I am Living in Las Vegas and looking for female pullets? Does anyone know where to find these birds? I am a beginner and not sure about doing the whole brooder thing with chicks. Thanks B

frow.gif
Mama B
welcome-byc.gif
You've been given very good advice by those two. Those are the sources I'd recommend. So glad you're joining us. What part of the valley are you in? Check out our community page here for names, addresses and phone numbers of local sources.

I took some pics this afternoon of my new feeder. I hope to get those posted soon. Also we started work on revamping the run. I got a few pics of those to add as well. I think my crazy plan may work out after all.
fl.gif

Just got an e-mail in that the 3rd Annual CLUCK Tour is happening Saturday, March 30th. It apparently is limited only to coops in the NW with one in central LV. $5. And they are accepting coop applications until March 15th. Contact is Leslie Doyle: [email protected] or 702-490-5217

Last edited:
Take a look at my first hatch of 2013

Out of 6 eggs I set 3 weeks ago 5 hatched out, 2 Golden Cuckoo Marans, 1 Black Copper Marans, 1 F1 Olive Egger (BCMxEE), and 1 MUTT (BCMxRed Sex Link)

Just got an e-mail in that the 3rd Annual CLUCK Tour is happening Saturday, March 30th. It apparently is limited only to coops in the NW with one in central LV. $5. And they are accepting coop applications until March 15th. Contact is Leslie Doyle: [email protected] or 702-490-5217

Sweet! Thanks for the info and the link. I will pass this along to some folks I know that are interested in starting out in chicken keeping. Unfortunately, I will not be able to go. Boo!

Take a look at my first hatch of 2013

Out of 6 eggs I set 3 weeks ago 5 hatched out, 2 Golden Cuckoo Marans, 1 Black Copper Marans, 1 F1 Olive Egger (BCMxEE), and 1 MUTT (BCMxRed Sex Link)

Woohoo! Great job on your hatch rate! Those are some little cuties for sure. Glad to know that things are working out with fertilization and such. I gotta finish my renovations so my girls can get out of the garden and back into the run. Maybe then someone will go broody.
fl.gif

Last edited:

We got these two girls from CAL Ranch about a week ago. We went back today and their stock is almost gone! They said they will have more on Wed.
I'm interested in raising a lavender or blue Americana, any ideas on how best to go about getting one? I'm in the Northwest of the valley and am new to all this but we are LOVING it!

We have changed our minds. We are going to get some chicks today. Any breeds you suggest for the desert? Thanks for the input .

We are in the Winchester area near boulder station. My boyfriend built a great chicken coop and we are ready to get started. I'm a little nervous about taking care of chicks because I have to small children also but I know it will be worth it! We are excited!

We have changed our minds. We are going to get some chicks today. Any breeds you suggest for the desert? Thanks for the input .
I would suggest the lighter breeds like Leg horns I have a buff orphington who is a heavy breed and during the summer she had a very hard time with the heat I think we came close to losing her a few times. I am also planning on getting some Americana's

Back
Top Bottom