Viva Las Vegas!

Bird flu up in Washington in that area.

anybody here that was or had chickens the last time the flu was in the area and the city of Henderson and Las Vegas went around and collected everybody's pet birds and kill them. Were there any way of getting out of it what are you planning on doing with your birds if it comes this way. this is scaring me my girls are my pets first and foremost I'm trying to find a place where to hide them.

I have 3 rhodebar males that I will be placing within the next week. I hatched the eggs from ebay and it was stated the line is Greenfire but I cannot confirm since these were ebay eggs. They are FREE.

I will also have some extra black sex link pullets that I ordered from Cackle that I will be asking $5.00 each for if anyone is interested.

Does anyone know if Tumbleweed still is in Vegas and raising birds?

Barb

Does anyone know if Tumbleweed still is in Vegas and raising birds?

Barb
I texted with Tumbleweed last week, she is in and out of town but not doing chicks at this time. Sounded like she might be leaving :( .

On the other hand Coyotes got my flock this winter and I am looking for fertile eggs or chicks, CCL/Orps or pretty much any large fowl breeds if anyone has any in the Valley.

Maybe someone will come forward with some birds from her or other orpingtons chicks. All I can offer right now is 3 rhodebar male chick's and I have some black sex link chick's count in this week

I started a group on Faebook called Sincity Flockers if anyone would like to come on over and check it out. Your welcome to post birds you have for sale (all fowl is accepted) trade or just want an easier way to chat with others in Vegas.

I just bought some silkie eggs that will be going in the bator this week.

Barb

I've got some of Tumbleweeds blue and Black Orps. I'll probably have a roo I'll need to get rid of soon. Hate to part with my babies,though. They have been going Broody often so when they do I could hook you up.

Hey All!!!
I am new to the chicken world and been researching a bit to see if chickens would be good for my yard. I live in Las Vegas also and don't have an association (Thank God!), but from what I found out, it looks like I need a "Mother-May-I" from ALL my neighbors within 350' of my house to be able to have chickens? I was thinking 3-4 max. My property is just shy of 1/4 acre in the northwest part of town, but if I have to do 350', does that mean neighbors across the street too if they are less than 350 or just along the same line?

Seems like a pretty dumb law especially seeing the law for pigeons is 200'!!!

I'm thinking the chickens would make a nice edition to my home and my aquaponics system that is generating fresh veggies and bluegills right now.

Thanks!
Stephen

I'm not a lawyer! I read the same ordinance. It isn't clear at all about the 350' - is it from the chickens? your property line? I just went and got chickens. :) My neighbors have asked if I have them and I have said yes and let them come over and see them. I also share eggs. I also don't complain about their dogs barking or their trash cans in the street. Most neighbors that live out where there are 1/4 acre lots with no HOA are there so they can do as they please and respect you doing the same. Good luck!

That is what I was thinking too... some of the rules here are ridiculous. I also have an Aquaponics garden and found out we are like 1 of 3 states that don't allow tilapia, so I went with bluegills instead.

Here is an ironic story, I own a gun store here in the valley also and we received a "zoning violation" last night because we had one of those tear drop banners in front of our store and those are actually not allowed at all in Las Vegas, but there isn't a fine nor is there a permit process to be allowed to use them... go figure.

I was thinking 3 hens in my yard just to make a couple of eggs a day, so it's not like I will have a farm...

On that note of having chickens, where is the best to get chicks or pullets locally?

Thanks!
Stephen

Back
Top Bottom