Vulture Hocks?

Quote:
Off topic but I think is deserved. Chris is either the smartest chicken guy around or a great researcher but no matter he gives us the straight scoop. Thanks Chris.

FYI he frequently refers to the Standard of Perfection a must have for any breeder.

greathorse,
Thank you for the kind words.

I believe I owe it all to research and you can never know too much about poultry
wink.png

Just like Greathorse said the Standard of Perfection a must have for anyone getting into poultry.
When I am asked what is needed to get into poultry/ breeding and showing I have tell them that the Standard of Perfection should be the first things you should get, before you get a bird or even build a pen..

Chris

greathorse,

Thank you for the kind words.

I believe I owe it all to research and you can never know too much about poultry /img/smilies/wink.png

Just like Greathorse said the Standard of Perfection a must have for anyone getting into poultry.

When I am asked what is needed to get into poultry/ breeding and showing I have tell them that the Standard of Perfection should be the first things you should get, before you get a bird or even build a pen..

Chris

Are those the only ones? I have something frizzled with very prominent vulture hocks. It's a bantam; 4 toes. It's only 2 weeks, so I have no idea really what breed, since there aren't any muffs yet. It's also pretty chunky, which leads me to think cochin. My d'Uccle was much smaller. If it is a cochin, I sure hope those hocks disappear in the leg feathering, but they are pretty obvious. Not that I show or anything, though.

Another breed that MUST have vulture hocks is the Breda -- although they are a rare breed and not registered in the APA yet. They also have a small triangle crest and absolutely NO comb whatsoever, cavernous nostrils, and very long feathered legs and toes. They come in BBS (Blue/Black/Splash), Black and White Mottled, Blue and White Mottled, Cuckoo, and all White.

Back
Top Bottom