WA State Poultry Events March 23 & 24, 2012

cowchick11

Songster
8 Years
Dec 30, 2011
SW Washington
WSU Extension Lewis and Pacific Counties are putting on a two day chicken event. It is being held at the Southwest Washington Fairgrounds in Chehalis, WA, in the 4-H Still Life building. The first day is Friday, March 23rd, for Poultry Judges Training (you must pre-register for this part) with a free poultry Fitting and Showing Clinic for novice or young poultry youth in the evening (you must pre-register for this). Then on Saturday, March 24th, we will have Poultry Nugget Knowledge with various workshops from cooking, to nutrition, to grow your own Thanksgiving and more (pre-register or walk-ins at the door)! We are looking for vendors for the Saturday part. We have forms and brochures on the WSU Extension Lewis County website, including a form for vendors! http://county.wsu.edu/lewis/Pages/default.aspx The bonus for vendors is that the Home and Garden Show event is also that weekend not too far away from our event.
If you have questions please PM me!

Poultry Talk. Deyoungs Farm and Garden inWoodinville, Wednesday-March 21st at 6pm. Meet Dr Bruce Singbeil, one of 2 Board Certified Poultry vets in Washington. Approximately 1 hour talk on the care and keeping of poultry.

Last edited:
i have a question.

Is the poultry judging school the actual 4-H poultry judge training? As in, you will be certified to be a 4-H judge in Washington after attending the course.

yes, you will have the option after completing the judging workshop to be put on the list of 4-h judges in WA. As far as I know the judging training has nothing to do with becoming an APA or ABA judge.

Nope. That's entirely different.

I'm definitely going, then! I have wanted to become a 4-H judge for some time now and this is a great opportunity!

Yes, this training is for 4-H/FFA or non APA/ ABA shows. Our trainer can also answer questions about becoming an APA/ ABA judge as he has completed that process. As fairs are cutting or having their budgets cut they can not always afford to have approved judges. We are trying to train some quality judges for working with youth in WA in the poultry area. Have you been able to get our brochures from the website?

cflaming- thank you for sharing your event!

Yes, this training is for 4-H/FFA or non APA/ ABA shows. Our trainer can also answer questions about becoming an APA/ ABA judge as he has completed that process. As fairs are cutting or having their budgets cut they can not always afford to have approved judges. We are trying to train some quality judges for working with youth in WA in the poultry area. Have you been able to get our brochures from the website?

cflaming- thank you for sharing your event!

Thanks again for the info! I'm glad that this training is being offered.

Do you know if this can be transferred over to Oregon?

Yes, it will be able to transfer to Oregon! I took my training in OR last year.
celebrate.gif

Hurry, hurry, we want registrations in by Friday! Or if you will be at the Monroe show come fill out a form with me and get registered there!
clap.gif

Sumatra 503 -we are also looking for vendors on the Saturday event and we are looking for someone that is making/selling the chicken harnesses and chicken diapers
fl.gif

Yes, it will be able to transfer to Oregon! I took my training in OR last year.
celebrate.gif

Hurry, hurry, we want registrations in by Friday! Or if you will be at the Monroe show come fill out a form with me and get registered there!
clap.gif

Sumatra 503 -we are also looking for vendors on the Saturday event and we are looking for someone that is making/selling the chicken harnesses and chicken diapers
fl.gif
Do i just send in my registration for from the pamphlet to register by Friday?

I can stay for the Saturday event as well. I can make some walking harnesses and diaper harnesses to bring up and sell, as well.

Horray for the OR transfer!!!!! I am totally excited for it!

Do i just send in my registration for from the pamphlet to register by Friday?

I can stay for the Saturday event as well. I can make some walking harnesses and diaper harnesses to bring up and sell, as well.

Horray for the OR transfer!!!!! I am totally excited for it!

Yes, send in your registration from the pamphlet! If you are for sure let me know so I can pass that along to my partner in crime in Pacific Co. who is collecting the paperwork. I will also be taking them at the Monroe show if people want to sign up there (prefer a check so I don't have to hold cash)! There is a flyer on our WSU Extension Lewis Co. web site for vendors also. The Saturday event is pre-register or walk in and pay but we want vendors and Friday people to pre-register for space and food planning. Yes, we share our judges lists with OR because sometimes we need to use their's too. We are so excited about this event too!!!
Pam

Back
Top Bottom