Wafer incubator issue

Adolfus Nile

Chirping
Jan 12, 2023
Ive got a hovabator 1602n still air incubator. For my first hatch i got 2 ducklings out of 9 eggs. I struggled to keep the temperature stable, fluctuating between 98 and 103. I was under the impression that the dial to change the temperature was very sensitive. After I finished the first half i never turned off the incubator, I cleaned the tray in the bottom and put more eggs in. Since then the dial has had no effect on the temperature and the temp has basically been between 103 and 106. The light indicating that the incubator is heating is always on.

Perhaps The dial was having no effect on the temperature in the first place and I have been using the incubator wrong. Has anyone experienced anything like this? is the incubator just no good?

I have a different model of hovabator that I have yet to try. What is the temperature in the room you have the incubator in. With the light on all the time Im wondering if the heater just can't keep up.

I have a different model of hovabator that I have yet to try. What is the temperature in the room you have the incubator in. With the light on all the time Im wondering if the heater just can't keep up.
Well when it was too hot the room was like 65 to 70 degrees. In response to the dial not affecting the temperature I let the room get colder and its closer to 60 and now the temperature not as bad.

I'd replace the wafer to start with. Not the whole thermostat just the wafer. See if that works.
I've used the same set up forever. They are very touchy so you really don't want to try to adjust while you're incubating. That's the only time they'd ever give me trouble.
I dial mine in and then set and forget.. I've never had them fluctuate like that. Not even with room temp changes.

I'd replace the wafer to start with. Not the whole thermostat just the wafer. See if that works.
I've used the same set up forever. They are very touchy so you really don't want to try to adjust while you're incubating. That's the only time they'd ever give me trouble.
I dial mine in and then set and forget.. I've never had them fluctuate like that. Not even with room temp changes.
Yeah i ordered a new wafer. We'll see how this incubation goes and hopefully I can get this setup to work well by next hatch.

Back
Top Bottom