Walmart CEO talks of upcoming food prices

Wow! This is just rediculus!!! Me and DH are bearly making ends meet as it is and now this? In my line of work unless the state legislature says so then I wont get a raise, but with the state being in a MAJOR deficit right now it doesn't look like one will be coming any time soon. But on the up side our representatives fell bad they can't give us a raise & haven't in the last 6 years (can you feel the sarcasm on that one). My take home is about$1,200 a month and a majority of that goes to child care. Its pennies and my check is always gone before the 3rd (I get paid on the first) DH check isn't much bigger and we go without a lot just to make it but we can't get any kind of help because combined we make about $200 to much to qualify for any kind of assistance. Now with the cost of food rising I don't know what we will do, we are on a tight enough budget as it is! We are planting a garden but that won't be ready for a couple of months and right now it is costing us a nice penny and stretching us pretty thin right now. I know plenty of people that have no job and sit on their lazy bum all day long and aren't worried at all about the rising cost of anything because my tax dollars pay for everything they have.... including the junk food in their pantry and fridge! I really wish I could quit my job and live off of the govt and not worry about anything, but I would feel to guilty that someone else had to go without just so I could be lazy. Ok I'm getting off my soap box now, thanks for letting me vent about that one.

Back
Top Bottom