want a tip that will make your hens lay like its spring in the winter

I started giving it to mine yesterday. I sure hope it works. The last couple weeks my hens went from 12 eggs a day to 5 to 0.
I do have a couple questions about it though. I have read to not give onions, cabbage etc to hens because it will change the tast of the eggs. Does this change the taste at all?

I got to thinking about this again and started wondering if Cayanne pepper will help, will jalapeno's help too?

Does anyone know do onions and cabbage really change the taste or is it just one of those tales?

Thanks for any help.

if it does change the taste of the eggs, i am going to try mine on some chives and asiago cheese.
lol.png

I'm still wanting to try this. I wanted to wait to see if putting a light on them worked first. And it did! I got an egg last night, after not having any for 2 months!!! Yay! Now I will try the pepper too. I just wanted to wait a bit so I would know which trick worked! LOL!

Quote:
It probably won't change the taste of the eggs. But wow! what it does do to the odor of their poop!! Positively fierce!

My girls managed to dig up some overlooked garlic bulbs in my garden, and it was, let us just say, memorable!

Thanks for the info on making eggs taste different. I am sure I had heard once that garlic and onions did that. I never wanted to test it for the fear of nasty eggs. Guess I won't worry so much about it anymore.

After at least a week of 0 eggs I have had 1 each day for the last 2, hopefully the cayanne kicks in soon and I will be overloaded again.

Im not sure I understand how much to add to my feed. I have a feeder that lasts my 9 chickens (7 regular, 2 banties) up to a week when its full. Would I add a little less then 2 T to that? I would love it if somebody could clear it up for me because my hens have been lazy lately! I have 7 hens and I'm getting at the most 1 egg a day
sad.png

Quote:
I would also like a little more clarity on qty of pepper to give, also is this only a winter thing or all year long?

Back
Top Bottom