Wanted Chicken Items for showmanship baskets for the kids

aurorarose25

Songster
10 Years
Jun 11, 2009
Mesa, Az
So the thing is this is the first time I am put in charge of getting things to put together for the winners of the showmanship competition. Well I am having problems coming up with ideas of what to put into the baskets. I have to get 1st, 2nd & 3rd place baskets for the 3 levels ( junior, intermediate & Senior ) Levels of showmanship. & of course the Pee wees as well. But I am told that put anything that they might want or need for their chickens. SO I was thinking, glycerin, vet RX (may be to expensive), leg bands, towels, tooth brushes, etc.. but I need some help, I haven't been showing chickens that long and don't know all the tricks for the show prep. So if anyone could donate & or offer advice of things I could put in the baskets that would be a BIG help... The show Is on FEB 11th ( which the baskets need to be in as well )
so that doesn't leave me much time. If not too expensive I could pay for shipping.

I have been going around to some feed stores to get donations, but some don't have the little things that could fit in the baskets.

So Please any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

aurorarose25, I would like to donate a copy of the "APA Standard Illustrations" booklet to each of the Jr., Intermediate and Sr. showmanship winners and a copy of "The Wonderful World of Poultry" coloring book to the PeeWee winner. Please PM me the address to which these items should be shipped. View these books on the attached link.

http://www.amerpoultryassn.com/APA_ShoppingMall3.htm

The kids will love that. Thank you sooo much

I will PM you
aurorarose25, I would like to donate a copy of the "APA Standard Illustrations" booklet to each of the Jr., Intermediate and Sr. showmanship winners and a copy of "The Wonderful World of Poultry" coloring book to the PeeWee winner. Please PM me the address to which these items should be shipped. View these books on the attached link.

http://www.amerpoultryassn.com/APA_ShoppingMall3.htm

Last edited:
aurorarose I would like to send you four copies of the "FFA How to Raise Chickens" book one for each basket. It would, I think go a long way to encouraging these children to learn more about their poultry and perhaps they would share the copy with their friends as well to encourage them

Please message me with an address to send them.

Cheers

JA

JA, I saw your post a couple of days ago so I wasn't sure since mine was sent direct from the APA site. Mary

Back
Top Bottom