Wanted to buy: Silkied Serama Eggs

TownhouseSeramas

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 24, 2011
Elkton, MD
I'm looking for staight Silkied Serama Eggs. I've been looking for a while but it seems like everyone just sells mixes. But I have a Silkied Frizzle Cockeral and a Silkied Curly Rooster who need future hens. Can't really afford to buy and have a bird shipped at the moment so really eggs would be my best option. But I really don't need frizzles and I have plenty of smooths. Booted would be great, but really I just need Silkieds. If anyone can help me out please PM me. I'm looking to improve my flock both in type and color. I have 15 shipping not included, as the price which would be great, but I realize that's not likely. I'd be looking for about 8-12 eggs so I realize I may not be spending 15 dollars, for eggs from good stock.

Thanks,
Whitney

Oh I'm also looking for EE Bantam eggs as well.

Last edited:
A Silkied Serama is actually a type of Serama. Not a mix. I actually have had a mix before. They turn out mostly smooth feathered with a mixture of features from both parents. They need to be bred back into another Silkie or a Silkied Serama to actually get the Silkie look. But if you were to do that, I think it would be best to have the Serama be male and the Silkie be female, then breed the female chicks with a Silkied Serama male if you wanted to breed them for the smaller size, with the silkied feathering. Which is actually what I wanted to do in the begining but I just don't have enough room for such a big project at this time. But what I'm looking for is actually a full Serama, it just has the Silkied feathers instead of the smooth. There are people who sell the birds full grown, but I just can't afford that at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom