Wanting to hatch game birds

I would like to hatch game birds (quail, ringnecks, chauckas), but don't know where to buy the eggs from. Can you all suggest a few places for me.

Thanks!
I got all of my birds from just calling people on this site.
http://www.hilltopfarmsny.com/hilltopfarms-breeddirectory.html
Also Softbillsforsale.com has plenty of birds. I raise impeyan pheasants, peacock pheasants, and bobwhite quail. I will have some Impeyans for sale in the fall.

I raise Ringneck Pheasants,I hatch my own eggs in my incubator,I can't recommend a particular breeder but be very careful whom you get your eggs from,I would only buy Pheasant eggs in April or May...I've never had a good hatch after May..buy from exceptional breeders, you'll get more males than females,you will have to find homes for the males you don't wish to keep,they are vicious during mating season,also,the male and female love their own offspring.
I incubate and those parents love and adore those babies after i introduced them after 4 months,they just know who their offspring is.Ringnecks are amazing ... they are not easy though.

I got all of my birds from just calling people on this site.
http://www.hilltopfarmsny.com/hilltopfarms-breeddirectory.html
Also Softbillsforsale.com has plenty of birds. I raise impeyan pheasants, peacock pheasants, and bobwhite quail. I will have some Impeyans for sale in the fall.
Peas become very big birds,they jump on lawn furniture,they fly... nothing against them,I'm just pointing out the positive and Negative of the ops choices.. it's best to be cognizant of the pros and cons of owning any live animal.. I want the OP to understand the pros and cons of caring for any fowl..gamebirds are not easy to raise.

Peas become very big birds,they jump on lawn furniture,they fly... nothing against them,I'm just pointing out the positive and Negative of the ops choices.. it's best to be cognizant of the pros and cons of owning any live animal.. I want the OP to understand the pros and cons of caring for any fowl..gamebirds are not easy to raise.
:lau I don't have real peacocks. Just peacock pheasants. They only weigh 2 pounds. And look kinda like a real peacock but are a pheasant.
image.jpeg

I have to say,no wildlife sanctuary is going help you if you experience any problems with your gamebirds,wildlife sanctuaries consider your birds domesticated,as they were raised in captivity from birth,you'll need a special vet to call if you experience any problems.

Beautiful!! Omg... now I want one... I can't...stunning !!! Thanks,I'm going to build another run... are pea Pheasant hens broody or do you incubate?
Lol. My other pair got killed by coons. So I hot wired my pens with 13,000 volts. :cool: I just got my new pair this morning. I have never had my hens lay because they were too young. But this pair I got laid 12 eggs for the guy I got them from.
But I incubate my impeyan pheasants eggs because people say they will eat them. Here is my male.
8FC02F86-6E5B-4CB4-8F08-D293439BBFC5.png
6D872A90-7C36-4A42-BBC1-47A89B21D452.png
303BC66D-D294-46B2-A4A5-C027547A1631.png

Colors are amazing!!!..my favorite Ringneck "General Lee" is 6 yrs old... I'm scared he won't last this winter (his back feathers are grey,he's nasty to everyone(as always) I watched him hatch from the egg...I've brought him in the house after ice storms this past winter....I'm really scared he won't make it through this winter,sorry,he is a beautiful Ringneck...

Back
Top Bottom