WARNING to those in the UNINCORPORATED SACRAMENTO CA area !!!!!!!! Pass this on!!!

silky ma

Songster
12 Years
Sep 14, 2007
I just returned from my vet and was given a bulletin:

The Sacramento County Board of Supervisors voted July 22 2015 to change the residential zoning code to BAN ROOSTERS and ALL OTHER CROWING FOWEL regardless of your property zone designation!!!!! please pass this info on!!

Thank you for posting this flyer. The Supervisors moved up the meeting to Tuesday, 10/27/15 at 2:30 PM. Please try and make the meeting as we need to amass a big cocky flock. There is a 33 page .pdf that the County has published titled: PLNP2012-00092. Amendments To The Zoning Code Related To Crowing Fowl
Looks like they have tried to factor in some of our concerns. But, the bottom line is they still recommend a ban.

Hope to see you there and thank you all for your support! You give my heart wings.

Last edited:
Looks like we have a reprieve . They voted 4-1 to not ban Roos. They have another meeting to set this in stone...... I will breathe easier when this next meeting passes and there is no funny business to be had. Either way we are looking to move to shingle springs or auburn since my allergies have gotten worse and doc says get out of dodge!, this kind of back room antic just makes me want to leave faster!! Sacramento has a long history of farming just like so many other places do. Those. Who think they can erase this are just kidding themselves.

Back
Top Bottom