Washing eggs

Crystal199

Hatching
Aug 2, 2017
My husband and I have more eggs we can deal with. We plan to start selling the excess. We live in Kentucky. Does anyone know if we have to wash and refrigerate eggs to sell them? Right now, I keep my eggs unwashed and in refrigerated and wash them before we eat them. Does anyone have recommendations on how you wash your eggs?

You can always hard boil them and feed them back to your birds,they love egg,but you have to crush them up shell and all so they don't know their eating eggs or it could lead to them eating their own eggs before you get them.If you are eating them wash them any way you please,it's only touchy when you are trying to hatch them.
In N.H.,Tony.

Laws vary from place to place. Check with the Department of Agriculture for your specific State.
I do not sell any eggs since I only have chickens as pets. The extra, I give away to close neighbors. Some of the peeps living here in Illinois did say that their eggs were sold unwashed with the bloom. If the eggs were to be washed, there was a certain process that had to be followed. Once they were washed, they had to be in NEW CARTONS AS WELL.
WISHING YOU BEST... :thumbsup

I save the eggs unwashed until I either eat them or sell them. Eggs have a protective film on them, so they do not need refrigerated until they have been washed, removing the film. Then I put the whole carton (provided it is styrofoam) under the faucet. I pick up the first egg and wash it with dawn and a paper towel. The eggs in the carton get the dirt loosened up while I wash the others.

Back
Top Bottom