Water feature in an aviary?

Nunie

Chirping
Jan 26, 2016
Sweden (for now!)
I was wondering if it's a good or bad idea to put something like a nice bird bath (or 2) in a flight aviary with doves and other birds? Or do they dust bathe like chickens?

I thought maybe a short bird bath and a taller one would be nice. I'd like to keep either button or coturnix quail with some doves and maybe finches. Depending on what kind of birds are available for adoption when I look! The doves and finches, that is.

Bird baths would be appreciated by doves and finches. Daily cleaning is probably a good idea.
That's true about daily cleaning, would a rocky substrate be good for the floor, like small drainage type rocks? So I can dump the water easily.

Maybe there are lightweight bird baths that have a dish that I can take out to dump and clean, but then, with doves landing on it, that might be a bit too unstable for their weight...

On my deck I have a light weight bird bath - top screws into the stand for stability but is easily removed. Look around you may be able to locate something similar. I treat it with a 10% chlorine solution every 3 or 4 days and then flush it thoroughly - no algae, mosquito larvae, or sick birds.

On my deck I have a light weight bird bath - top screws into the stand for stability but is easily removed. Look around you may be able to locate something similar. I treat it with a 10% chlorine solution every 3 or 4 days and then flush it thoroughly - no algae, mosquito larvae, or sick birds.
Oh nice! I will definitely look for something like that! The only bird baths I have had, have been the heavy stone ones that I can't even lift anymore because of my back, lol. Rolling it around the yard when it needs to be moved! Thank you for the help :)

Back
Top Bottom