divineangel94

Songster
Jul 17, 2019
My roo, the one with arthritis, has bubbles coming out of one eye. His poop is normal, no swelling, still eating and drinking when he can, nothing is even coming out of his noes and no wheezing. It just showed up the other day. Any idea? We are short on cash and I do have vet rx if needed. I used some though and the amount of bubbles lowered and I pulled either a eye booger or feather from his eye last night but it was still watering today. I'm hoping to that this could be a temporary cold.

Did you flush the eye with eye wash or homemade saline? The watering may be due to there still being some contaminants in his eye. They can be stubborn, having experienced this myself. Keep flushing a few times a day until the watering stops.

If it lasts beyond one more day, you can use Neosporin in the eye.

Did you flush the eye with eye wash or homemade saline? The watering may be due to there still being some contaminants in his eye. They can be stubborn, having experienced this myself. Keep flushing a few times a day until the watering stops.

If it lasts beyond one more day, you can use Neosporin in the eye.
How do you do the homemade saline?

Mix 1/2 of a teaspoon of salt in with one cup of water, and boil for fifteen minutes with the lid on. After fifteen minutes, let it cool, and flush the eye. As an alternative, you can pick up some premade saline, or get an eyewash like Vetericyn.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom