Waving hello from Park, Kansas

KansasLarry

In the Brooder
Feb 20, 2023
Hi, Larry & Ellie, Park, Kansas. Ten neighbors presented a petition to the city to ask permission to have chickens and rabbits for eggs and meat. The city ordinance here in Park states no farm animals within city limits. Larry has some experience with raising chickens as he grew up on a farm but I have none as a prior city gal. We have twenty 3 week old mixed breed chicks in Larry's kitchen. We are hoping for an affirmative answer next week, if not we will look for land outside city limits and keep our roosters..... It has been an exciting experience watching them hatch out and grow. They are such busy, curious little creatures. So much individual personality to watch.

Park is a major metropolis of 113 residents. We are both retired as is much of the community in Park. The pet is my 3 pound chihuahua Winnie who recently had cataract surgery after suddenly going totally blind in November. A GoFundMe thankfully paid for the surgery. She is once again a happy sighted pup. We get lots of oxytocin from her lovely gazes. She is a love. I make sure she gets lots of Larry time as he is quite fond of her.

I've been researching, researching, researching raising chickens for the past three months. Not sure how I arrived at your site but glad I did. Info is great. Looking forward to sharing our experience.

Attachments

• Our Baby Chicks Feb 28-23.jpg
    Our Baby Chicks Feb 28-23.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 12
  • Winnie Home after Surgery.jpg
    Winnie Home after Surgery.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 1
Hi, Larry & Ellie, Park, Kansas. Ten neighbors presented a petition to the city to ask permission to have chickens and rabbits for eggs and meat. The city ordinance here in Park states no farm animals within city limits. Larry has some experience with raising chickens as he grew up on a farm but I have none as a prior city gal. We have twenty 3 week old mixed breed chicks in Larry's kitchen. We are hoping for an affirmative answer next week, if not we will look for land outside city limits and keep our roosters..... It has been an exciting experience watching them hatch out and grow. They are such busy, curious little creatures. So much individual personality to watch.

Park is a major metropolis of 113 residents. We are both retired as is much of the community in Park. The pet is my 3 pound chihuahua Winnie who recently had cataract surgery after suddenly going totally blind in November. A GoFundMe thankfully paid for the surgery. She is once again a happy sighted pup. We get lots of oxytocin from her lovely gazes. She is a love. I make sure she gets lots of Larry time as he is quite fond of her.

I've been researching, researching, researching raising chickens for the past three months. Not sure how I arrived at your site but glad I did. Info is great. Looking forward to sharing our experience.
Glad you joined us here!

I hope the city rules in your favor.

Welcome to BYC!! I lived in KS for the longest time, cute chicks! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom