We are new to chickens

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined the flock!

What is best way to remove a small clump of poop that is on one of the chicks fur on their back end area. They are only 3 weeks old so their fur areas are still rather delicate. Help!

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! The members here are great and so are their chickens;)!!! This is the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM ON EARTH!!!!

Hope you have fun and if you need anything we are here to help!!

welcome-byc.gif

:welcome

Welcome to BYC!!! The members here are great and so are their chickens;)!!! This is the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM ON EARTH!!!!

Hope you have fun and if you need anything we are here to help!!

:welcome
thanks. I do have a question about our flock. We have realized that one of our 4 chicks might be a rooster even though we bought what we thought were all hens. I don't think we can handle the fertilizing and all that entails so what are my options? The four have always been together and she (he) is the leader of the group. The others would be lost if we separated them. Is there any such thing as neutering a rooster? My daughter would be devastated if we had to get rid of her (him), but his life would be just as bad if he has to live it all alone. What can we do?

Back
Top Bottom