We have EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and a list of things my geese have taught m

jeffw

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 1, 2010
aladamnbama
Just two so far but these are our first... so in celebration...
I thought I would post
Things my geese have taught me... feel free to add more!

Things I have learned from My Geese

(1) Just because you might be 6' 2" and 225 pounds, never forget a Gander's head is at crotch level.
(among themselves Ganders refer to this as " leveling the playing field" )

(2) Just because the Human sat his coffee down on the deck one morning, and you scalded your face and beak try to see what was in the cup, knocked over the fern stand, BBQ grill and flower pots, scared the dog into trying to hide behind the cat and caused resulting pandemonium.....
This is NO REASON not to try it again EVERY SINGLE MORNING there after....

(3) Just because the dog weighs 115 lbs and you weigh 25 there is no reason NOT to grab him by the ear and explain just who owns THIS yard in terms the dog can understand

(4) Humans will never understand a goose is always dignified. If you run across the yard and trip over your feet plowing a 6 inch trench in the dirt this is NO REASON to laugh .. and I fully in my rights to pout and ignore the Humans the rest of the day..

(5) The large green machine the Human uses to cut down all that wonderfull succulent grass is threat to home,hearth and flock and MUST be destroyed....with a battle cry of SEMPER FI, DO OR DIE!!
(translated from the original goose of "HONK HONK HISS SCREECH)

(6) Just because the Human has a female of his own, there is no reason to believe that he doesn't want MINE, so I must put myself between them at every opportunity and break up any romance before it starts!

(7) I know the Human wants us to weed the garden, and I don't mind doing it,after all so many of the weeds taste so good, but why does he get so upset because we pull up all of the peppers, tomatoes, eggplants etc. after all there MIGHT be some thing good to eat on their roots......

(8) Family is the most important thing in the world.. worth getting dirty for, worth fighting for and worthy of laying down your life for..

YAY for eggs!!! Im hoping my gal starts before i leave for PI ( SEMPER FI!!!!)

9) A 280 lb man that hasnt sprinted in 20 years can still make it across 30ft in 8 seconds if a chinese gander decides he needs the exercise.

10) If you think you can only fit ONE gander into your lap, his brother with do his best to show you you're wrong.

I'm wondering if you were a fast learner or if it took you a while?
lau.gif
gig.gif

welcome-byc.gif
from Ocala, FL!

Quote:
HOO RAH .. congrats on the enlistment.. and greetings from L.A..... (that's lower alabama ya'll)
Oh.... when you make it through the island..
even though he was Army..
never forget what Patton told his troops about their job!
*GRIN*

"Just because I haven't paid attention to you since I integrated into the flock doesn't mean we can't be more than friends now....." ascertained from the juvenile sebbie crawling up my leg last week.

welcome-byc.gif
lau.gif
thumbsup.gif

And the list goes on. If a day goes by when we fail to learn anything at all from our wonderful charges, we will promptly be enrolled in Remedial Training.
And never, ever, for an instant, lay anything down unattended within their span of control if it is Important. They intuitively know which socket or screwdriver you need next, take it on the run with a demonic laugh and drop it in the Anser Wormhole. You know the one. It's the one that has a brand new pair of $350 trifocals floating in it.

Edited: You will note that there are NO spectacles in this avatar picture. The goose knows why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
HOO RAH .. congrats on the enlistment.. and greetings from L.A..... (that's lower alabama ya'll)
Oh.... when you make it through the island..
even though he was Army..
never forget what Patton told his troops about their job!
*GRIN*

big_smile.png
Thanks! I leave in June and I pray that my brat does not have her first goslings while im gone.

And I need to brush up on my history, lol, What did he tell his troops about their job?

Back
Top Bottom