We Have First Pip!!!!

jimandkira2002

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2015
My one and only known viable egg has piped on day 20! I was even worried about it being late because it seemed small the last time I candled it! I also was worried because I never saw it move from the outside and even quickly candled it in the incubator last night to make sure it was moving and he/she had already piped into the air cell so I knew it was doing pretty good! I checked the eggs at 4:40pm tonight and nothing was going on and and at 6:25pm I glanced over at the incubator and noticed a pretty big white spot! lol He/she had hit out a big chunk of shell and was busy making a bigger hole in the membrane! So now its just a waiting game! Yay! Lets keep our fingers crossed that this little one is healthy and strong enough to make it into the world!

Last edited:
Well things just progressed really fast! lol

At 10:03 pm this is all we had, I thought we had till at least tomorrow morning...

A half hour later at 10:32pm we had a lot more progress!

Not wanting to hover over the little one I left it alone thinking we had plenty of time and to our surprise at 10:53pm this little one cam into the world!

In a about 4 1/2 to 6 hours our very first chick was born! I thought we had like 24 hours! lol

Only thing Im concerned with is his or her bottom. Does this look normal? There was a little bit of goop that came off when it was born but Im worried because it still looks a little open. Should I do anything or just leave it?

Awwww so sweet! He was really curious to know the outside world lol
That thing on the bottom should heal within 48 hours I think.. just keep it clean and warm :)
And Congrats!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom