We just noticed this!

PATOS

Songster
Jan 1, 2019
I was looking at pics of our flock- I did not realize the head color change was so dramatic- look at these 2 pics- only 3 months apart- all thee black headed ducks are male- so was their Runner dad...mmmmmmmm
??

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-02-28 at 2.57.33 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-02-28 at 2.57.33 PM.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20190619_153246.jpg
    20190619_153246.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 10
Super cute!
thanks- but what do we call them- I mean what is the breed ? does not matter- maybe-?? this is a business and a heartfelt effort to give these creatures a good life, make , money and sell food..
I was totally unaware of the special animals ducks are- @YodaBat learned me good... lol
but really - I am learning and I often think I should write down what i am seeing.... i spend hours and hours watching the ducks Every day since they came to us on a bus 6 months ago, we have put our future in this effort- down here in Chile
I LOVE them so much

Listen closely - they are talking to you.

yep
I have noticed the vocal differences- OBVIOUS- but I think the hens have a special call when they find food when foraging and there are 3 or 4 different alert calls they make depending on the gender- I have noticed different head movements and lots of actions- I am not a scientist, but I could fill a book of things I have seen the ducks do...
This is the most satisfying experience thanks @YodaBat!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom