We made the front page....and I need help

Very good, Cindy...
I added mine to the newest bunch...didn't save it though...
tongue.png

I'll be surprised if it gets published...no, I didn't be offensive, just my curmudgeonly self.

Wonderful article Cindy! It was very well written and straight to the point. It sounds like we all need to be sending our letters to the City Council now. I see they erased all the comments from the second article that was posted in the paper just like they did the first one. I have not yet been able to contact the paper, like I wanted to do yesterday. I had every intention of calling yesterday afternoon, but instead spent my whole afternoon in the doctor's office having my little daughter's face stitched up. Did anyone else get to call by chance?

Yes, she's okay. Thanks for asking! Her and the dog, that are most generally best of friends, got into a fight yesterday. Needless to say, the dog won.
hmm.png
My dog isn't mean, my daughter is the one who was being mean. I guess Gypsy had enough and let my DD have it. I hope and pray my little girl learned a very valuable lesson. She can't be mean, not even to other people. If she was squeezing her cousin's nose, pinching, hitting, and biting him, he would have bit her to! My daughter is 4 and knows better than to do what she did. I was doing schoolwork with my kids and she was supposed to be at the computer working on her ABC's when this all happened, so it's not like I wasn't watching her. Besides that, I've really never had the reason to have to watch the two together. They are usually buddy, buddy. I will be watching them like a hawk for now on though. Sheesh!
roll.png

Me too! Thanks Sonia. It's been tough trying to decide what to do with the dog. I have people jumping down my throat telling me to get rid of her or to put her down, but I don't think that's really fair to the dog, or the rest of my family because it wasn't the dog's fault. She was just defending herself and is such a huge part of my family. I don't know. Big "SIGH"... Anyhow, I don't want to thread-jack, so that's enough of that story.
smile.png

I think the town is being reasonable. Chickens don't belong inside of homes, the belong outside. Chickens are not parakeets, and they are not cats, or dogs. They are a flock animal that does best outside, where they can scratch around and doing the things they have been doing outside for hundreds of years. Chickens have not been fully domesticated like a dog or cat. And this whole chicken diaper thing is insane. I for one will be writing a letter to the city in support of their policies/codes.

And once agian, they are not meant to wear diapers.

You want to show your kids the value of a pet? Get them a more or another appropriate house pet. Why put a chicken into a diaper with candy canes on it to fulfill some need you have?

This particular bird was raised in the house and that is what she was used to. And what about the rabbit? I realize that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that is fine.

The issue here is that we were not violating the ordinance. We were denied a permit based on the remote possibility that a high school kid would trespass on my property then break into my house to steal my children's pets in order to turn them loose in the school. There are other citizens in this town that have chickens, bunnies and even PIGS as housepets. We were singled out.

why cany you keep 1 chicken in a house....i agree it isnt ideal..but..if you could let it ouside for fresh air and grass time..why not??....whats the differance between that and a parrot?..or ANY caged animal?...theyre ALL supposed to be free...but we still keep them...geez!..i mean as long as she keeps him clean...which from what i'm understanding..she is..i dont see the problem....and..ooh yeah..i even have a pig,(make that 2 pigs)..in MY house..
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom