Weak chick

mmclaughlin

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 28, 2013
New Hampshire
Question I have a 5 day old chick that is weak small and not thriving . I have not seen much activeness stands walks occasionally but usually just lays there . I thought I'd come home tonight to find it gone
2639.png
but still hanging on... so I gave water with electrolytes.. is there anything easier to feed than crumble maybe a scrambled egg? Need to save her! Don't judge..it's a hatchery chick.
1f62c.png
the other 8are doing great! TIA
1f425.png
2764.png

Michelle

You could try a hard boiled egg - mash it up when done to make it easier for the chick to eat. It's been drinking well? Pooping? Check for a blocked vent (Pasty butt)?

Thanks.. drinking well from a dropper and yes pooping! Tried crouched crumble nope not interested.. how often should I offer food and water?
1f425.png

I would offer it as often as you can stand to. At worst she'll not take it if it's offered. I know you tried electrolytes, have you tried vitamins? I'd grab a pouch tomorrow if you have a local TSC they sell individual pouches for a buck or two.

I have the same problem and mine is five days old too. When we picked the chicks up from the hatchery I hesitated a little about accepting this one...although I could have switched her out, I didn't. Now I'm kicking myself for not doing that. How can you dropper feed when they are that tiny?? She really is tiny compared to the others. Help? All of the other chicks are doing fine and thriving.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom