weather problems for me....

Well, sure enough, one of the pipes froze and burst last night. Early this morning my sis found the pipe spewing water all over her chicken run. The pipe runs across the top of her run and then it goes to 3 of my coops. I think we will wait until tomorrow to fix it in case it freezes again tonight.

How are you doing up there Cindi? Everything frozen solid?

chel

everything frozen solid, Chel...My hub and I filled up two of those big five gallon water bottles with hot water and hauled them out. We defrosted the horse trough with one, and filled waterers with the other....

The bright side is...I can wear my good boots out there without the mud sucking them off...lmao!

Good about the boots, Cindi, lol. It's especially mucky if momentum carries you just one step further..... in your socks!

chel

Hot water freezes faster than cold water!..... So use the cold to water the animals and they can drink longer!

Now, I have to admit I've never experimented to find out if this is true........ But, once again, "Momma said hot water freezes faster than cold water... so if you need ice cubes faster, use hot water!" Actually, I have heard this other places..... Has something to do with the minerals, etc.

smile.png

Sandy

Mr. Wizard proved it was true so it must be true, right? Anybody remember Mr. Wizard? Here we're drowning. Guess I shuda got ducks instead of chickens!
lol.png

teapot.gif

I am with ya'll this is the pits! Maybe if we were accustom to this weather it would be different. My husaband and I were just discussing if we lived up north our set up would be different. I have hauled warm water to the horse barn and chicken coop several times today. Now I find out it should have been cold water, darn! All our outdoor faucet and lines are frozen solid. They are underground and have never froze like this. But it has been awhile since wher have had this many freezing days in a row in Texas.....and I WANT SPRING! Glad I didn't get those cute little chicks at the feed store last week....

Back
Top Bottom