Weird and random question: Anyone else think any of their chickens have chemistry?

DavidILoveYou22

Chirping
7 Years
Dec 22, 2012
Eldorado County, Northern CA
I know it sounds weird, but I have a pullet and a cockerel who seem to have this weird chemistry between them. Being a fan of far more TV shows than I should be watching (or have time for for that matter), I have several nicknames for them; Shawn and Jules, Tony and Ziva, Gibbs and Jenny...
Funny enough, their real names are also somewhat based on TV shows... the cockerel is a Dark Cornish named (and yes this is his real name)... "James Roday (Is Totally Single), after the actor who plays Shawn Spencer on Psych. The pullet is a Golden Lakenvelder named "Caitlin Claire." The first part of her name is after Kaitlin Todd of NCIS. Claire is just my part.

So, back to my original point. Anyone else think chickens can have chemistry? Claire and James certainly have it. One of the funniest things that happens is whenever I go to catch a chicken, the flock all run away and James and Claire always end up tripping over each other. They just look so pretty together, their colors really compliment each other... and Claire is the only one I ever see James hanging out with, because until about a week ago James ws with my meat flock in a different run, so he is still an outsider to my other birds...

I will try to get a picture up some time after I come home from vacation!

My dominant roo had a special relationship with the hen who laid the egg from which my first GrandChick hatched. She was top hen, always roosted directly next to him, and ahe could even say "No!" to him and he would just turn and take a different hen.

Sadly, Rebecca is gone, and while Carl has several favorite hens, he's not showing the same attention to any one hen he would have shown Rebecca. His daughter, Samantha, my first GrandChick, is nearly her mother's image.

Now, I don't know the familial relationships of the rest of my flock, but the very first chick hatched from your very own first few chickens is memorable.

Back
Top Bottom