Weird behavior

And is there any thing other than just it having issues with standing?
Does it have any discharge from its eyes, nose, beak?
Is there any signs of trauma?
How many times does it do this or how long has this been happening?
How old is the chicken?
How heavy is it?
Are any others acting strange or have any in the past?
I am not sure if these questions will be useful or not.
It does not appear sick. The balancing issue has been there for a while and has continued to worsen. I feel like it is more of a conformity issue. It is smaller in the backside of its body than the other chicks his same age.

Are the other chicks the same breed? And how old is it?
It is only 8 weeks. I have 10 others. All but one of them are doing well. There is one that seems to be having cardiac issues, because his comb is dark. I posted about that earlier. He is the next one on my list to process. I will never get cornish cross again. I feel sorry for them. If I get meat chicks again. I will get a slower growing breed!

It is only 8 weeks. I have 10 others. All but one of them are doing well. There is one that seems to be having cardiac issues, because his comb is dark. I posted about that earlier. He is the next one on my list to process. I will never get cornish cross again. I feel sorry for them. If I get meat chicks again. I will get a slower growing breed!
Yeah, sounds like that's a good idea.

I don’t know that much about meat chickens, but cornish cross chickens can be butchered around 6-8 weeks old. If they live longer, leg and heart issues are common. You may want to go ahead and process the chicken due to it’s condition. Or try a chicken sling chair to get it upright, and for ease in feeding it. Here are some examples that can be made:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/versions-of-chick-chairs-please.1166308/

I don’t know that much about meat chickens, but cornish cross chickens can be butchered around 6-8 weeks old. If they live longer, leg and heart issues are common. You may want to go ahead and process the chicken due to it’s condition. Or try a chicken sling chair to get it upright, and for ease in feeding it. Here are some examples that can be made:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/versions-of-chick-chairs-please.1166308/

wow thanks. I have never seen that

Have you ever had a chicken that has no balance? I don't think I will ever get the Cornish crosses again. I feel like they are genetically retarded. ( please excuse that term,for lack of a better one). Please see the attached video and tell me your thoughts. I am getting ready to put it out of its misery.

The behaviour is falling backward. Can't stand anymore. just lays with feet extended out in front.

wow thanks. I have never seen that
I would go ahead and process her.
Likely a genetic or breed issue, no need to keep her lingering on since she's not able to get about.

Back
Top Bottom