Weird crop problem

KinkyMKD

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 9, 2013
It's a bit funny,i know.
My 4 days old chick is a bit of a weirdo.He is the runt of the hatch,being the smallest of em all,but he runs and eats for 5 bigger than him or her :D,but when his crop is full you can see a bit of it under the skin just above his WING.I though its some kind of infection,but it isn't always visible,only when its full and there are no feathers there.Also,the other part of the crop is a bi right from where it should be.
Am i right with my thoughs?Did some of you guys had this problem?
P.S Also the chick is active,running,playing,drinking,everything a normal chick would do.

I think you might just have a little piggy. If it doesn't look like there is an air bubble under the skin rather than the crop itself, and it empties out like a normal crop then I don't think it will cause any issues.

The crop normally sits to the right, so no issues there.

I think you might just have a little piggy. If it doesn't look like there is an air bubble under the skin rather than the crop itself, and it empties out like a normal crop then I don't think it will cause any issues.

The crop normally sits to the right, so no issues there.
No,not air bubble.On touch its hard,and its yellow.As i said,he is the most active chick i ever had.

Back
Top Bottom