Weird egg? Weird clump = "LASH" (GRAPHIC Pics)

Also, thanks to Woodland Woman for offering the advice on how to handle the removal of things that gross you out. And for being observant that my Rose was not a new layer.
clap.gif

You're welcome! I'm so happy to hear that Rose is doing well and laying normally. I think it's great that you posted this, as it does happen, even if it's rare. I can't imagine anyone not being disturbed at this, if they've never seen or heard of it before. It is strange looking! You did an amazing job of detective work and examination.

Quote:
I'm really sorry, Laura Jean. When I first posted it, I didn't have pics and thought to add them just after I started the topic. If I could go back and change the topic title, I would.
hmm.png
But I did think to warn ppl about the links I posted later in this topic. I must admit, even some of those made me glad mine was less gross.

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm really sorry, Laura Jean. When I first posted it, I didn't have pics and thought to add them just after I started the topic. If I could go back and change the topic title, I would.
hmm.png
But I did think to warn ppl about the links I posted later in this topic. I must admit, even some of those made me glad mine was less gross.

No problem. But just so you know, you can edit the title. Just go to your original post and click "edit" in the upper right hand corner. You can edit the title there...

Thank you, Labyfromthewoods, for all of the information. Nothing will keep me from being a bit grossed out if I ever have a chicken with lash, but at least now I will be informed and not so scared.
smile.png

I am so glad to hear that Rose is ok. Thank you for letting us all know.
smile.png

Good thoughts,
CJ

Sorry I don't have a picture, but here is what happened to my girl:
I was observing my flock grazing on the pasture when I noticed one of my Isa Browns just standing, not moving, not eating. Seemed kind of strange to see her standing...then she took a step away and left, what it looked like from my position (about 30 ft away) was an egg. I thought that was odd, because all my chickens lay in the nesting boxes and she laid this thing standing up. The second she stepped away, the rest of the flock was gobbling it up as fast as they could. By the time I got out to see what it was, all that was left was a membraney-looking thing. Kind of like a sausage casing that resembled a translucent morel mushroom. The girls finished it off before I could take a picture. Soon after she was in the nesting box...I'll keep you posted of the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom