Weird poop, some advice please

LozzyR

First of her name, mother of chickens.
5 Years
Mar 30, 2019
NSW, Australia
Hello

I saw this weird poop today and I thought I had better get some advice on it. I have five hens so I’m not sure who did it, but I have an 18 month old Australorp who is going through a heavy moult, so I’m wondering if it’s her. She hasn’t been as interested in the commercial feed, but eating lots of grass. I put Piperazine in the water a few days ago but I know that only really treats roundworm. I’m thinking I should dose them with Avitrol Plus since no-one is laying at the moment. Last night’s bed poops all looked normal.

Thanks in advance!

06AF621A-C5A3-4A51-A384-5D61E140053B.jpeg

Even before reading your post I saw the picture and my first thought was grass. Then, reading your post confirmed it. Are your hens getting enough grit? I would think that the grass should be more digested than that.

Are the white streaks what’s concerning you? It seems that’s what I’m seeing.

Hi @birdsrfun , thanks for your response. They probably aren’t getting enough grit, I might start putting it in the feed again. I stopped because they looked like they were eating around it, but if I put it back in they might accidentally eat it. :D Bed poos looked ok again but I will worm them anyway as they have exposure to wild birds.

Back
Top Bottom