Well, drats

Quote:
Wow, Writer, that is wonderful that you have had so much time with him. Though I'm sorry that cancer is rearing it's ugly head with him again. I do understand not wanting to put him through treatments again. There comes a time where we have to weigh quality of life with quantity. It's never easy, but it can be the kindest thing that we can do for our pet in their twilight years.

Unfortunately, the only real treatment options for the cancer on my beagle's leg is either temporary (scraping it) or amputation. Amputation is not an option for him, his tumor is on the front leg but his spinal injury impacts his hind quarters. If he were to have the front leg amputated it would put too much strain on his hind quarter. As long as he has a good quality of life (meaning pain free) we will have the tumor scraped out if and when it becomes an issue. To do surgery on his abdominal tumor would also be pretty invasive for such an old boy and his spinal injury complicates everything.

hugs.gif
I have an old dog. He is still healthy but there does come a time where you know that your time with this special life is becoming limited. Enjoy each day as though is is a treasure.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom