well stink!!!!!

mickistoy

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 21, 2010
northern ohio
put on freecycle that i was looking for free lumber to build a chicken coop. i got a reply
clap.gif

so i went to the house to see this large pile of lumber and it was round post that had been split lengthwise into quarters about 10ft long
hit.gif

so instead of wood to build a coop i got a truckload of fire wood for my outdoor furnace
hu.gif

oh well i will keep looking
wink.png

Try construction sites or call the landfill, or local garbage company that has those big roll off boxes at construction sites. I get a lot of stuff at Lowes from their cull lumber rack (1/2 price).

I was talking about working on my coop at work & started asking if anyone had junk they wanted to get rid of.... windows, siding, wood, screen door, etc. I got all the windows I need & a screen door. It might even be something to ask the people I go to church with.... hmmmm.
ya.gif

You might also want to try a recycle/reclaimed store. We have Habitat stores here (Habitat for Humanity) that sell stuff off that they don't use or that has been donated to raise money for projects. If you don't mind reclaimed i have seen people build coops out of pallets and wooden crates and they didn't turn out too bad looking!

Back
Top Bottom