Welsummer suddenly lethargic

Vet called with the test results - negative for worms (of various types) and cocci. She's not back to her old self, but she is more alert and active than Day 1/2. She will eat on her own some, but is still tentative in her actions. She had another very green/tightly packed dropping yesterday and a more normal (for her) on this morning. With the vet call we reunited her with her sisters in the run, but aren't too much closer to a cause.

We did not have a gram stain done. The vet I used isn't chicken-centric, either. There are more than a few backyard chicken clusters just in my own neighborhood, but the vet side of things in my area is still stuck on dogs and cats.

However, Major Cluster is continuing her recovery.
D.gif
She is still underweight, so we're supplementing with meal worms and similar, but she is eating and drinking on her own, and her behaviors and movements are much more normal. She has yet to lay an egg since her last egg on the day of her falling ill (April 12), so we're awaiting her first egg to consider her 100% recovered. She started back up with the drama today (https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/857761/welsummer-loses-her-mind-when-laying) so perhaps an egg is coming sooner than later!

We did not have a gram stain done. The vet I used isn't chicken-centric, either. There are more than a few backyard chicken clusters just in my own neighborhood, but the vet side of things in my area is still stuck on dogs and cats.

However, Major Cluster is continuing her recovery.
D.gif
She is still underweight, so we're supplementing with meal worms and similar, but she is eating and drinking on her own, and her behaviors and movements are much more normal. She has yet to lay an egg since her last egg on the day of her falling ill (April 12), so we're awaiting her first egg to consider her 100% recovered. She started back up with the drama today (https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/857761/welsummer-loses-her-mind-when-laying) so perhaps an egg is coming sooner than later!

Keep up the meal worms and what kind of grains are you feeding her if at all ....

Them meal worms should have her producing an egg real quick ....

Back
Top Bottom