WEST Michigan :-)

Hi everybody, first day on "Backyardchickens" ...nubie chicken raiser here in Lowell,...it started with 4 eggs from my Granddaugher's 1st grade class. Now I have (4) five month old roosters and am looking for (4) girls to replace them with. It's nice to know I'm not alone out here in Western Michigan
wink.png
yippiechickie.gif

Dave

Hi chicken lady,....chickenguy1 here from Lowell. I have four five month old roosters I'd like to give away to a good home, they are all like pets, will eat out of your hand and sleep on your lap at times. ....would you be interested? I built a nice coop for "layers" and once the "boys" are gone I'll looking to buy some young and pretty hens to warm up my nesting boxes.

It's funny,...I knew nothing about chickens so my coop has (2) thermostats. One that'l turn on a warmer when temps drop below freezing, and one that will kick on a fan if the temp inside the coop reaches above 85 degrees. lol

I'm a "newbie" to backyardchickens. com as well as raising chickens.

Take care neighbor, looking forward to hearing from you!
Dave

Hey everyone,
It is so nice to have people around the same area. I live near Cadillac, MI. I am newbie, but I am learning and I have learned everything from this board. I just wanted to step in and say hi and welcome to all of the other newbies and everyone here. Does anyone know who sells chickens close by. I don't need any now but I was thinking on getting another Silkie. I want a splash.

I'm from just north of Grand Rapids. I know there are plenty more BYC folks from West Michigan.

I wonder if this thread were put on the Where am I where are you? state list if more people would join in. I don't visit the main Michigan state thread very often because it is so busy that is is hard to keep up with all the various topics being discussed at once.

Last edited:
I'm from just north of Grand Rapids. I know there are plenty more BYC folks from West Michigan.

I wonder if this thread were put on the Where am I where are you? state list if more people would join in. I don't visit the main Michigan state thread very often because it is so busy that is is hard to keep up with all the various topics being discussed at once.
Twin Lake here!!!

My shipment of chicks finally showed up yesterday. They had to substitute White Langshans for Black because they were not laying and I was tired of waiting (ordered in January). I ended up with SQ White Langshan, Partridge Cochin, White Faced Black Spanish, Silver Lakenvelder and Columbian Wyandotte from Urch/Turnland out of Minnesota. I added a Silver Laced Wyandotte, Light Brahma and a Silkie from a local farm store. Willing to swap a few for something unique. What have you got?

My existing flock: Isa-Brown, White Silkie, Buff Orpington, Whilte Cochin, Millie Fleur, Golden Sebright and assorted mutts and ducks.

Back
Top Bottom