West of England pigeon-need advice

Here’s a good look at my little friend Domino’s feather loss on his head. Should receive the 4/1 in the
6C4EB9DD-70D9-41AF-968F-C1109ECCD3B5.jpeg
5A5B661D-D28E-4BBA-9800-204378E58EAF.jpeg
mail in 2 days.

Did he go through a normal full molt last year? Feathers are growing in... it looks like he is molting the head. How is his weight? Keel bone sticking out more than normal? I can't handle him from here, but from the pictures he doesn't look too bad...

I suspected coccidiosis or worms. More likely worms.

I had a worm outbreak once. It was terrible. Birds couldn't fly and were dying. I treated the worms by giving 2 cc of Ivermectin per gallon of water. Yes, it's a cattle and swine injectable. I wouldn't recommend it unless it worked. And it did. Keep it out of the sun, as it loses its beneficial qualities. Don't do more than 2 cc.

Do you give anything through their water? I like giving This to my birds. As well as probiotics for them. Do these once a week. I also add Apple cider vinegar to their water once a day. I do a tablespoon per gallon. this is just to keep them healthy. It won't get your bird better.

Do they have grit?

I hope this helps.

It just occurred to me... you may not be able to get Ivermectin due to it treating corona virus. That's ironic, right? But people have started drinking it, so some places don't sell it anymore... Online may be different.

It just occurred to me... you may not be able to get Ivermectin due to it treating corona virus. That's ironic, right? But people have started drinking it, so some places don't sell it anymore... Online may be different.
I put a dab of ivermectin liquid topically on his upper back a few days ago. Will this have same effect?

I got my 4/1 tabs in the mail today. What is the best way to administer? Can I crush it and give through a syringe?
like bio said, gently pinch his lower beak and then he will open up. Place the pill as far back as you can and then close his beak. Her will swallow.
I put a dab of ivermectin liquid topically on his upper back a few days ago. Will this have same effect?
same affect as what? The 4-1? No, it wont. It may help with external parasites, but not internal.

Back
Top Bottom