West Virginia

1/2 south of Morgantown right off I-79, in Taylor county, WV. Best place to acquire chickens/supplies in the area? Best place to take meat birds for processing?

1/2 south of Morgantown right off I-79, in Taylor county, WV. Best place to acquire chickens/supplies in the area? Best place to take meat birds for processing?
Any help with a relatively local chicken processor?

What kind of chickens do you have? I have 5 red sex link and 5 black sex link that I got from Tsc and southern states a month ago. Just getting back into chickens after losing a small flock to raccoons a few years back . My husband is in the process of building a very secure coop this time that is much closer to the house.

Jefferson County here!!! Hailing from, believe it or not, an HoA neighborhood in Shepherdstown! 2 laying partridge rocks and 4 bantam chicks (and for the moment a barred rock roo - needing rehomed)plus Flemish giant bunnies and a breeding pair of Holland lops! Aaaaand an orchard, large gardens and a swarm of honeybees! (Russian, I think. My sweetie runs the apiary side of things) We've also got 2 bales of composting straw (fertilied and prepped courtesy of our bunnies) inoculated with some gourmet mushrooms! Not bad for an acre! ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom