Wet and Dry Fowl Pox - Graphic Pictures of Pus and Scabs

Pics
If you're going to give her 1ml, one drop of tylan in each nostril isnt much at all. Then inject the remainder into her breast muscle. Limit the nostril drops and injections to no more than 5 days. Did you still want to inject directly into the sinus?
Maybe I'l try that on a different bird.

-Kathy

Is she okay now?

If that was my bird I would have culled her. I hope no offense is taken by this, but why would you want to keep her alive so badly? Her eye is gone and she looks to be suffering.

Is she okay now?

If that was my bird I would have culled her. I hope no offense is taken by this, but why would you want to keep her alive so badly? Her eye is gone and she looks to be suffering.

It's simple, really, learning how to treat things like this will give me the experience and knowledge to care for my peafowl. Trust me, she's not suffering and gets around fine with one eye. Before all this happened everything I read on the web said that wet pox was hard to treat... Sure, it's hard and not for everyone, but it can be done.

-Kathy

It's simple, really, learning how to treat things like this will give me the experience and knowledge to care for my peafowl. Trust me, she's not suffering and gets around fine with one eye. Before all this happened everything I read on the web said that wet pox was hard to treat... Sure, it's hard and not for everyone, but it can be done.

-Kathy

Okay that's fine. It just looked like she was really struggling but I guess not. :) I have a roo who's having difficulty breathing and I haven't looked in his throat yet, I'm researching a lot in case that's what he has.

Okay that's fine. It just looked like she was really struggling but I guess not. :) I have a roo who's having difficulty breathing and I haven't looked in his throat yet, I'm researching a lot in case that's what he has.

Whenever you have a sick bird you should look at them the same way a vet would, which means weighing them and doing a thorough exam. :D

-Kathy

My other black hen is recovering from the wet pox!!!!!! She had it so bad that it was blocking her wind pipe and she could not eat at all. Now there is only a little bit of that cheesish growth I pulled out!! She is eating a lot better and she is acting healthy! She is really skinny but she seems to be pulling thought. haha Never underestimate a determined chicken they will surprise you.
wee.gif

ThanksI I washed her with plain water first and removed dried pus etc. and pulled off a large yellow crusty scab (that hurt her). Then I swabbed with Betadine which is essentially iodine. She had a lesion in her throat so I did swab that too even though I didn't know if I should. Several hours later, after all was dry, I went back and applied Clomitrazole, a fungus killer , over everything, because somewhere here there was a reference to fungus. She is drinking normally but I haven't seen her eat. She is sociable with the other birds, not off in a corner. Should I do this once a day? I am also watching the others for signs of the disease.

Back
Top Bottom