Wet and Dry Fowl Pox - Graphic Pictures of Pus and Scabs

Pics
if they eat enough I wouldn't. give them quality feed and vitamins. that is my opinion.

@casportpony
knows better.
I started today with

I also bought high protein feed. Which I fermented.

Last edited:
I started today with

I also bought high protein feed. Which I fermented.

I didn't tube feed my chickens and 5 of them survived, 3 died. fermented feed will help a lot. 1 of mine looked horrible but survived. tube feed if you can those who are weak and don't eat.

when I stopped giving them antibiotics I put some limestone and iodine in their water. a drop of iodine in their mouth helped them too. I treated hens and roos with iodine in the mouth only. they all survived.

I really don't want anyone to die. I love them all. I have put so much energy into my babies and they are all 10 to 14 weeks old. : (

I understand you. I lost 1 bcm, 1 salmon faverolles and 1 minorca. and I desperately wanted those breeds. still have a bcm pullet and cockerel but for the others I have to wait for the spring.

If they have lost weight or if chicks aren't gaining aren't gaining, yes. Can you get a kitchen scale and get a baseline weight on them?

-Kathy

I still haven't been able to get the tubing to feed them.,but they are still eating fine for the exception of 4. They looked weak today so I separated them and spoon feed. Their were so empty. I didn't give them much but the ball under the neck got full.
The vitamin thing I believe have worked and with my help with feed I'm hoping they get better

I still haven't been able to get the tubing to feed them.,but they are still eating fine for the exception of 4. They looked weak today so I separated them and spoon feed. Their were so empty. I didn't give them much but the ball under the neck got full.
The vitamin thing I believe have worked and with my help with feed I'm hoping they get better

if you have cracked corn you can give them some for energy especially if it is cold. when 1 of my chickens had IB I gave her water with some honey and antibiotic (vibramycin pill - tetracycline) and she lived on that for 3 days. she was in kind of comma, eyes closed and kind of snoring. after 3 days I managed to put some cracked corn and wheat in her mouth. on day 6 she managed to sneeze out a big thick piece of mucus and started to breathe normally.

I finally got the feeding tube, yet three died anyways. The others are looking better. The scabs are falling off and they are eating better. I guess it's all for the best. Who does survive will be stronger to overcome future sickness. I'll always try to help them but can't be sad for losses in need to keep concentrate on the ones that do make it.

I'm still haunted by the flow pox. It seems like all are going through it. Some getting better and others starting. Its been a hard month for me.
My question is, according to my studies,
1) I have to vaccinate at few days and later in a few months again.
2) Others say vaccinate at 12 weeks and that's it.
3) says I will have to vaccinate every year.

So I'm getting new chicks at the end of this month and I really don't want to deal with this with them, neither want to loose any more. Do I vaccinate everyone?
I can't think of anything anymore loosing sleep over this.

Back
Top Bottom