Wet poop

Lizconti99

Chirping
Apr 30, 2022
A week ago today my chickens were attacked by a raccoon. I lost two and I have one left. It’s really been touch and go with her. She is eating and drinking, but not much.

My question is about her poop. Sometimes she has “normal” looking poos but today she had what seemed like explosive diarrhea. It exploded out of her. I’m not sure what to do or what it means or how to help her. She’s my last chicken and I’ll do whatever I can to help her.

I appreciate any and all advice!

Thank you,

Liz
IMG_8604.jpeg

I'm sorry for your losses.

Did she suffer any wounds/injuries?
Can you take photos?

Has she laid any eggs?

I'd work on hydration, if you have electrolytes provide those for a couple of days. See if she will eat wet feed with bits of egg or fish (tuna/mackerel/sardines).

There looks to be a bit of blood in the poop? Do you have any antibiotics on hand? I'd consider giving oral antibiotics and if you haven't dewormed in a good while, do that as well.

I'm sorry for your losses.

Did she suffer any wounds/injuries?
Can you take photos?

Has she laid any eggs?

I'd work on hydration, if you have electrolytes provide those for a couple of days. See if she will eat wet feed with bits of egg or fish (tuna/mackerel/sardines).

There looks to be a bit of blood in the poop? Do you have any antibiotics on hand? I'd consider giving oral antibiotics and if you haven't dewormed in a good while, do that as well.
Thank you for responding. Do eggs it’s been over a week. I have electrolytes I can give her and will. She likes the egg but doesn’t eat much of it. I have tuna I can also try and give her. I do not have any antibiotics unfortunately! She has some missing feathers on her butt and on her back. No real significant injuries that I can see. I am not home but can try and take picture later.

I don’t think there was any blood in her poop. None that I have seen anyway

Back
Top Bottom