Wha is killing my chickens

Welcome to BYC, and so sorry for your loss. Where I live, what you described could be a fox, opossum, or a raccoon.

Yes in the past a neighbor saw a fox carrying a chicken across the field, the chickens we had we couldn't catch they slept in trees way up high.

Some welded mechanic's wire sheeting may fix the issue if it is entry into the coop .... and underneath or bricks or such to prevent digging under.

We'll know more when you show us the coop and hopefully find the point of entry. Racoons will leave a trail of havoc from their extremely strong claws .... normally.

Some welded mechanic's wire sheeting may fix the issue if it is entry into the coop .... and underneath or bricks or such to prevent digging under.

We'll know more when you show us the coop and hopefully find the point of entry. Racoons will leave a trail of havoc from their extremely strong claws .... normally.
Ok pics tomorrow but this coop isn't the same pen where im remaking now that was a covered pen this is a chicken house were getting ready to build attaching runs.

Ok pics tomorrow but this coop isn't the same pen where im remaking now that was a covered pen this is a chicken house were getting ready to build attaching runs.
Hey, Judy ... that's okay .... my intention was trying to help you figure out the weak points if you haven't yet figured out the varmint's point of entry. I'm only trying to help ... I don't want to add to your stress. I'm sorry if I worded my post poorly. You do what you need to do and holler back it I can help. Best wishes. ; -)

Hey, Judy ... that's okay .... my intention was trying to help you figure out the weak points if you haven't yet figured out the varmint's point of entry. I'm only trying to help ... I don't want to add to your stress. I'm sorry if I worded my post poorly. You do what you need to do and holler back it I can help. Best wishes. ; -)
Helli,i appreciate that very much!:)

Back
Top Bottom