What’s your expierience with Tylan Injectible?

Goosebaby

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
Nov 10, 2019
Northern California
A friend and I were wondering a few things about the tissue necrosis symptom.

Does injecting Tylan actually cause tissue necrosis?

Do some birds get it and others don’t?

Is there a way to avoid or counteract tissue necrosis from Tylan?

If your bird got it how bad was it? Mild, moderate, or severe?

Is there anything else you can tell us about your expierience with using Tylan as an injectible medication?

You can give Tylan50 or 200 to avoid injection sight necrosis.

Tylosin Powder can also be ordered online, this goes in the drinking water, so this is another way to avoid giving injections.

Can't say that every bird would get injection sight necrosis (no one can), but Tylan50 or 200 is administered 3 times a day, for 5 days in row, that's 15 needle sticks into the breast muscle. Even if you alternate sides for each injection, that's still a lot of sticks.

You can give Tylan50 or 200 to avoid injection sight necrosis.

Tylosin Powder can also be ordered online, this goes in the drinking water, so this is another way to avoid giving injections.

Can't say that every bird would get injection sight necrosis (no one can), but Tylan50 or 200 is administered 3 times a day, for 5 days in row, that's 15 needle sticks into the breast muscle. Even if you alternate sides for each injection, that's still a lot of sticks.
I’m sorry but I don’t understand.

I can give Tylan50 or 200 to avoid necrosis?

Also I thought 200 was more concentrated and that’s why some people prefer it because it can be administered less often per day?

I’m sorry but I don’t understand.

I can give Tylan50 or 200 to avoid necrosis?

Also I thought 200 was more concentrated and that’s why some people prefer it because it can be administered less often per day?
Not sure why you are wanting to give injections since both Tylan50 and Tylan200 can be given orally. Giving them orally would essentially "avoid" injection necrosis.

Tylan200 is 200mg per ml vs. Tylan50 which is 50mg per ml. Tylan200 dose would be less volume, but it's still given 3 times a day.

Again, you can order Tylosin powder which goes in the drinking water. Or you can consult your vet to see if they recommend a different medication. Depending on what you are dealing with Tylan/Tylosin may not be the best medication to give. It's usually given to treat symptoms of Mycoplasma, so if you are using it for something else, then there's probably something better to give.

Not sure why you are wanting to give injections since both Tylan50 and Tylan200 can be given orally. Giving them orally would essentially "avoid" injection necrosis.

Tylan200 is 200mg per ml vs. Tylan50 which is 50mg per ml. Tylan200 dose would be less volume, but it's still given 3 times a day.

Again, you can order Tylosin powder which goes in the drinking water. Or you can consult your vet to see if they recommend a different medication. Depending on what you are dealing with Tylan/Tylosin may not be the best medication to give. It's usually given to treat symptoms of Mycoplasma, so if you are using it for something else, then there's probably something better to give.
This is for research.

What about putting the Tylan 200 powder in gel capsules and administering it orally? Will that work, as it is water soluable? If so, the trick would be to measure it out in the correct dosage.

Then that makes it simple to administer with an eye dropper.
The only concern would then be the concentration of the liquid . I thought the posts above mentioned it was also in a powder form?

Back
Top Bottom