what am I

mruser

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 5, 2015
so i purchased this hen from a local ladie and I was told that she was an olive egger, but after looking up olive eggers i'm not sure if this is trure.

Olive Eggers are crosses. They are typically between Easter Eggers and Marans, but can be between any breeds that lay a blue/green and dark brown egg, respectively. Crosses can present in many ways - I've seen a black bird and a white bird cross and produce a tawny, speckled bird. Not to mention the fact that Easter Eggers are basically just a mutt from a specific gene pool, and Marans come in both feather-legged and non feather-legged forms.

You'll know for sure when she says an egg. If it's Olive, she's an Olive-Egger, if not, she's just a plain old backyard mutt.

Olive Eggers are crosses. They are typically between Easter Eggers and Marans, but can be between any breeds that lay a blue/green and dark brown egg, respectively. Crosses can present in many ways - I've seen a black bird and a white bird cross and produce a tawny, speckled bird. Not to mention the fact that Easter Eggers are basically just a mutt from a specific gene pool, and Marans come in both feather-legged and non feather-legged forms.

You'll know for sure when she says an egg. If it's Olive, she's an Olive-Egger, if not, she's just a plain old backyard mutt.

Agreed.

ok thanks for theverything info

X2 on the above post.

Back
Top Bottom