Stellasmomma

Songster
May 23, 2022
HI ! This little Bantam came in a group of 5 I got they are now 8 weeks old the other 4 turned out to be OEGB but this guy is different does anyone know what breed he is?? Thanks!

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 282
  • Feet.jpg
    Feet.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Back2.jpg
    Back2.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Bant1.jpg
    Bant1.jpg
    708.3 KB · Views: 8
  • body.jpg
    body.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 9
He looks like a dwarf bantam cochin to me. I say this because the face is very “applehead like” with a smaller beak. A very common trait with dwarfism. I could be wrong, however, since cochin bantams do have a rounded faceshape.

Last edited:
He looks like a dwarf bantam cochin to me. I say this because the face is very “applehead like” with a smaller beak. A very common trait with dwarfism. I could be wrong, however, since cochin bantams do have a rounded faceshape.
Don't Cochins have feathered feet? This guy is clean legged and footed or are their differant kinds? Thanks!!

I totally missed that leg photo! Yes, you are correct, they do have feather legs. Has to be dwarfism i think then. Not 100% on breed.
@Rhodebarlover mentioned silver laced Rock bantam I looked that up and it looks close I wonder if maybe its that with dwarfism as you are right the head shape is different

@Rhodebarlover mentioned silver laced Rock bantam I looked that up and it looks close I wonder if maybe its that with dwarfism as you are right the head shape is different
Bantams are already technically dwarfs. This isn't a random dwarfism. He's literally just a Plymouth Rock Bantam-no extra phrasing necessary :)

Bantams are already technically dwarfs. This isn't a random dwarfism. He's literally just a Plymouth Rock Bantam-no extra phrasing necessary :)
I have a dwarf chicken that is a bantam. She is smaller and sometimes requires a little extra care. Just sharing what i think since he looks a little similar to mine. :)

Thank you, not sure its a barred rock his feathering reminds me a lot of my Brahmas but he doesn't have that distinct black and white barring like my barred rocks lots of grey I suppose it will be more evident when he gets bigger. This is my 1st go at Bantams other then my silkie. I'm really enjoying them so far!

Back
Top Bottom