What are my new hens?

HBRRanchCO

Songster
Dec 15, 2017
Simla, CO
I'm laughing because I'm adding one more thread among the zillions about HEY what are these chickens? It also gets to be a tiny bit of a mystery reveal because I only snapped one picture tonight before the sun got too low and I didn't want to freak them out with the flash.

Anyway, so I got 3 new hens from a friend tonight to round out my 6 allowed hens. Of the two that you can see in this picture I was told that the gray was a gray araucana and the red and white one was a uh Rhode Island Red? Something with Red in the name. However I was looking around and I thought araucana's didn't have tail feathers, so maybe she is an ameraucana, but I don't see the cheeck fluffs. I didn't get a very detailed look at her though. The one you can't see that is in the corner is a light brown all over, I'm thinking she might be a buff orpington? but I'll get a picture of her tomorrow when she's settled in a little better. Other thing is that it is supposed to be cold tomorrow so I don't know how much they're all going to be out and about tomorrow either. Anyway, they're not going anywhere so I will post more pictures as I have them :)
NewChickens.jpg

Ah just got a text back from my friend that I got them from. The red and white is a Red Star, and I was right that the one you can't see hiding in the corner is a buff Orpington.

I know there’s always the Auracana, Ameraucana, EE confusion...but I did see that the gray one has some face tufts today. Still not any great pictures. She did give me a blue egg this morning though! The sex link also gave us a pretty brown one
531F5236-CFFD-49C5-B55B-3612ABDA44E9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom