What are the outcomes of the following barnyard mixes?

Leilukka

Chirping
Apr 26, 2023
I was wondering what the outcomes of egg color, etc. come out of the following crosses?

Rooster:
Heritage Plymouth Barred Rock Rooster from show stock (PBR)

Hens:
Black Australorp
Americauna

Thank you.

I was wondering what the outcomes of egg color, etc. come out of the following crosses?

Rooster:
Heritage Plymouth Barred Rock Rooster from show stock (PBR)

Hens:
Black Australorp
Americauna

Thank you.

From the Black Australorp:
Black chicks with white barring that lay brown eggs.

I'm going to call the other one an Easter Egger (easier to spell, and there is a good chance she is some kind of mix rather than a purebred Ameraucana)

From the Easter Egger: if she lays blue or green eggs, at least some of her daughters should lay green eggs. There is a chance of all her daughters laying green eggs, depending on which egg color genes she has.

But if the Easter Egger lays eggs that are brown, cream, pink, white, or any other such color (no blue at all), then her daughters will all lay brown eggs.

Chicks from the Easter Egger will probably be black with white barring, but depending on her own color they could be white or blue instead (still with white barring, but it won't be as obvious on lighter colors!) There is some chance that her chicks will have leakage of other colors as they grow up.

(Edited because I got distracted, and mixed up what kind of rooster I was talking about. I have now fixed it, to have the correct predictions for a Barred Plymouth Rock rooster.)

From the Black Australorp:
Black chicks with white barring that lay brown eggs.

I'm going to call the other one an Easter Egger (easier to spell, and there is a good chance she is some kind of mix rather than a purebred Ameraucana)

From the Easter Egger: if she lays blue or green eggs, at least some of her daughters should lay green eggs. There is a chance of all her daughters laying green eggs, depending on which egg color genes she has.

But if the Easter Egger lays eggs that are brown, cream, pink, white, or any other such color (no blue at all), then her daughters will all lay brown eggs.

Chicks from the Easter Egger will probably be black with white barring, but depending on her own color they could be white or blue instead (still with white barring, but it won't be as obvious on lighter colors!) There is some chance that her chicks will have leakage of other colors as they grow up.

(Edited because I got distracted, and mixed up what kind of rooster I was talking about. I have now fixed it, to have the correct predictions for a Barred Plymouth Rock rooster.)
Thank you. Yes the Easter Egger lays all light blue, light greenish blue, and light green and olive eggs. So, I agree she might be a mix of some kind. The farm I bought her from told me that both her dad and mom are americaunas, so the seller told me the easter egger is pure americauna. From the colors she has laid, I agree that she is mixed.

Back
Top Bottom