What are these chickens? BRs just need sexed (pretty sure all are roos)

ohiobirdmom

In the Brooder
Nov 16, 2015
I have 4 chickens i dont know:

1 dark red hen- lays brown eggs
1 light red hen- lays brown eggs
1 very small grey- hasnt laid but pretty sure hen
1 small red and grey with feathered feet- lays small white/offwhite eggs.

I have 10 barred rocks as well. Im pretty sure all roos but can anyone help confirm?

** i tried uploading pics but im on my phone and it wint let me. If anybody can help me figure these birds out please message and i can email pics of the birds.

All of your Barred Rocks pictured are male. Your darker red hen is a Production Red. Your lighter red hen looks like a red sexlink. Your smallest hen looks like she might be an Old English Game Bantam. The other bantam looks like a mixed breed.

All of your Barred Rocks pictured are male. Your darker red hen is a Production Red. Your lighter red hen looks like a red sexlink. Your smallest hen looks like she might be an Old English Game Bantam. The other bantam looks like a mixed breed.
I agree.

Thank you! Do you know if the old English will lay? She's a sweetheart. Doesn't mind being held and will snuggle right up to my chest when I bold her. But when she sees the BRs she tries to get tough (through the fencing. BRs and reds are free range and check out the pen with the little ones from the outside).

Old English lay white, cream, or tinted eggs. If you find two small, cream eggs in a day, it's likely they are both laying.
X2 on both of the above posts.

Back
Top Bottom