What are these chicks

BrokeFarmerJohn

Songster
7 Years
Aug 24, 2015
Columbus, Ohio

sorry I don't have a better pic of the chicks but I have 4 chickens that I do not know what they are, I can tell you I ordered 15 hens and 1 rooster from McMurray and got sent 19, 4 I don't think are what I ordered so they either shorted me a chick of my desired breed or gave me an extra 2 of that breed, (I opted for no substitutes) the 4th I'm positive is a Turken because that's the only chick I saw on there website that looks like that
1f602.png
. There 3-4 weeks old now, healthy and happy and doing well. So instead of telling you what I ordered I will let you figure it out.

Last edited:
Definitely need a better picture : My guess is the white ones are white leghorns and the one that you think is the Turken is a cockerel.

Can you post individual pictures of each chick?

From the green legs on the first 3 I'd say clean faced Easter eggers, #4 is def a turkin

From the green legs on the first 3 I'd say clean faced Easter eggers, #4 is def a turkin

I ordered 15 Araucanas/Ameraucanas hens, 1 rooster and the free bird, I received 19 birds, 3 all white and the turken so even know I said no substitutes they must have threw in the 3 Easter eggers because of being one ameraucana short is the only thing I can figure. Interesting

I ordered 15 Araucanas/Ameraucanas hens, 1 rooster and the free bird, I received 19 birds, 3 all white and the turken so even know I said no substitutes they must have threw in the 3 Easter eggers because of being one ameraucana short is the only thing I can figure. Interesting

Which hatchery did you order from? I believe only one of the hatcheries in the US sells ameraucanas, if yours were bought as araucana/ameraucana (and they didn't cost you around $15 per chick) they are all Easter eggers (which are often mis-sold as ameraucana/araucana)

There is no such breed. They are selling EEs as araucana/ameraucana. Those are 2 distinct breeds with their own SOP. The chicks look so different because they are crosses. As adults, they will look different as well but all considered EEs. You probably have 18 EEs plus the one turken.

Last edited:
McMurray does not have either Araucanas or true Ameraucanas. They only have Easter Eggers. So you have 18 Easter Eggers and the Turken cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom