what are we part II!

fallenweeble

Songster
12 Years
Dec 4, 2007
pd3.jpg

pd11.jpg

so, after my very good lesson in saddle feathers i'm thinking this is a hen - yes? she is really striking! i brought this girl home with me because i sorta fell in love with her. a little selfish maybe but . . . she is just so pretty and friendly! i have NO idea as to her breed - any ideas?

pd4.jpg

pd7.jpg

pd6.jpg

i grabbed this girl because the other birds were picking on her and, as you can see in the third pic, she has a large lump on the right side of her chest and appears to need some medical attention. she just seems a bit "off" in general. i'd like to get her into better shape and find her an appropriate home. her coloring is very lovely. it's like a cream with some dilluted red and lilac too. very subtle - the photos don't really capture it.
i'm wondering if she is some sort of game fowl or mix thereof?

thank you thank you thank you!
wee.gif
:

Last edited:
I don't know the breeds...but wow, what a comb on the first one!
ep.gif

The lump looks like her crop. Do a google on " chicken crop" and that should help you out. All chickens have one, and as they eat, it gets full. It empties as they digest their food, and fills back up as they eat. They can have problems with their crops. Called impacted crop, or sour crop. But that one just looks like she is being treated to some good grub!

Congratulations on your new pets! Hope you find what they are.

What a comb!

Tanya

First on is definitely a Sicilian Buttercup hen. Not sure on the second. Here is one of my buttercup hens.
Orpingtons120.jpg

Heres the rest of her body
Orpingtons118.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
country girl - that's her exactly!
how cool.

omeletta: thank you. i was thinking it was crop related at least. does the crop usually sit so far to one side like that? it just seemed so darn asymetrical.

thanks ya'll!
(i love this site and this is why - so much help and positive feed back, yea!)
love.gif

BCM - thank you! that takes a load off of my mind.

poor little gal needs some groceries on board too - maybe that's why her crop seems kinda big in proportion - she's a little skinny.

her pics make her look a bit fugly but in person she truely is lovely in a more subtle way. i'm going to put some weight on her and than see if i can't find her some forever people to take good care of her!
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom