WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? WHAT DID YOU JUST RECEIVE?

Some problems with TSC have been reported. You should check out the thread on it.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/454249/tractor-supply-chicks

Yes Barred Rock chicks are black with white on them. I think he miss labeled them. Maybe he meant White Plymouth Rocks?

Thanks and yes that is probably what he meant but he said some are white and some are black? By the looks of it, leghorns are usually white but some people on BYC took a picture of their white Plymouth rocks and they were brown so can the white Plymouth rocks I have become brown?

Thanks and yes that is probably what he meant but he said some are white and some are black? By the looks of it, leghorns are usually white but some people on BYC took a picture of their white Plymouth rocks and they were brown so can the white Plymouth rocks I have become brown?
I think the confusion comes in with the different types of Plymouth Rocks. Barred, White, Cream, etc. People often just call Plymouth Rocks, Barred type "Barred Rocks." For some reason they omit the "Plymouth."

Last edited:
Hi,
I did get 2 orders put in through Cackle Hatchery since they are in Missouri and I am as well.
First the guineas total of 15 that will not be here until mid June. I will be happy to post pics as soon
as I get them along with other info.
The second order I placed was for 10 White crested black Polish chickens and 5 Splash LF (don't know what LF is for just getting started with chickens)
They won't come in until June I think I don't have my confirmed date on them yet.
There again I will take pics and post with info once I do get them.

First time and soooo very over the top excited!!!!!!!!!!

i ordered from cackle ..they sent 40 chicks I ordered 31 ..all were great but 2 I lost ..the rest are fine now very healthy and happy..i think you guys will be happy you ordered with them ..

congrats on your new adventure in the world of chickens.. warning ,theres no 12 step program for this..lol..

i ordered from cackle ..they sent 40 chicks I ordered 31 ..all were great but 2 I lost ..the rest are fine now very healthy and happy..i think you guys will be happy you ordered with them ..

congrats on your new adventure in the world of chickens.. warning ,theres no 12 step program for this..lol..

Oh man do you have me pumped up! I have 20 + 3 ducklings on order and THEY told me I will get extras. I'm hoping for extra ducks too! :) I wonder what I'll get on an order of 20 if you got 40 on 30!

Well I ordered 23 of the breeds that I was needing I wonder if they will put in extras??? I didn't realize they did that. However I don't want 2 leghorn roosters, I ordered 1 and I sure hope he lives and is healthy. But 2????? that would be a bit much.

Do they give you extras of what you ordered or just throw in what they have laying around for the just in case?

chicken math will kick in every time you see a sign at the tractor store that says chicks for sale or even when your on here ..lol just incase you haven't read this yet heres the link..
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/678858/explaining-chicken-math

most hatcherys will ship extras from what I have read ..i am thinking that in general that they just send the breeds you wished ..but i have read were others had gotten mystery chicks ..lol..but they exsplained it as a chick that jumped from one box to another ..and just got mixed in ..also its seems they mostly only send a couple extra and that in my case it was kind of a odd thing..

its exciting to get them ..and once you open up the box and find everyones ok , then it becomes like a sigh of releaf..but in some cases you may find some didn't travel well and it can be a bummer to find them dead or near death..ya may not want the kids standing near by when you open them just in case..i no my granddaughter wanted to be there but i lucked out she was in school..sorry ,just a heads up on this ..

Back
Top Bottom