What artificial lighting do you use?

KyleD.

Songster
10 Years
Feb 3, 2009
south carolina
I've been keeping my quail on artificial lighting so i can get eggs as soon as they reach maturity, speaking of ive been seeing breeding and foam here in the past to days so another week or so and i will be! :) anyways, i just purchased a GQF breeding pen to keep my birds in and i've been trying to come up with a simple way to provide the lighting without having a fixture to to light the cages..which is going to take a process when all the cages are full, i'll have to have the light on the other side of the room to ensure all the cages get the proper lighting.

I seen these on this website http://www.ledsupply.com/led-strips/led-flex-strip-neutral-white and was wondering if anyone else uses LED's? Wil it being too bright affect the birds? It would be so simple to rig up a strip on the topside of every cage and have a hidden light source and never have to worry about it.

Any imput or ideas?

I use multi-spectrum aquarium lamps. There is more to it than just adding artificial lights for your quail. When I first added artificial lights for my quail, I quickly learned (the hard way) that too much is just as bad as not enough, and placement is key: too close, and your hens will get stressed and stop laying eggs (which is what happened to me), and too far away, and the lamps effectiveness will fall short. Here is an article that can help you with artificial lights.
James
edited to add: Let us know what you go with and your results.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom