What ate my baby! 😰

Mar 27, 2024
The other night, my almost five week old baby got pulled out of his cage and dragged off and eaten… the cage was next to the side of the kennel, and the baby was on top of the cage.. and got pulled through the wire. I’m heartbroken. Please help me figure out what happened. There were like 15 feathers at most, but not a lot of feathers or clues at all. We also set a trap last night with cat food, nothing. Please help.

Yeah, the big cage that the small cage was in, is a retriever kennel, prolly about 10x10, the wires aren’t that far apart.. wish I would have known thanks.

The other night, my almost five week old baby got pulled out of his cage and dragged off and eaten… the cage was next to the side of the kennel, and the baby was on top of the cage.. and got pulled through the wire. I’m heartbroken. Please help me figure out what happened. There were like 15 feathers at most, but not a lot of feathers or clues at all. We also set a trap last night with cat food, nothing. Please help.
This happened to use also.We put out a live trap and caught a cat. Then we set it out again and caught a opossum. They went for a long ride.. They pulled my babies through the wire and left 😩 no feathers. I couldn't believe it. 😤😡

That's what I use for a Run, a dog kennel. But I'm aware that it's not at all predator proof. So I locked them up in my barn like coop at night that nothing, not even a mouse can get in.

Ya'll... It's not the predators fault that they can get to the babies. You can dump them somewhere else but it doesn't solve the problem (in fact it potentially makes it someone else's problem.) Lock those babies up tight. You'll never get rid of the predators but you will be successful at predator proofing your Coop. Hate to see you go through this....

So sorry, it was likely a raccoon. If you can’t catch it, but keep seeing it around, if you live in the states, you could call FishandGame and they send a warden to come get it and relocate. They do a really job doing that.

Back
Top Bottom