What breed? 1 possible roo 7 weeks

kohchicks

In the Brooder
May 24, 2016
California
Hi all,
I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. Can't go a day without looking up something here
1f606.png
Anywho We got our chicks from ACE Hardware, all different kinds. They're about 7 weeks old now. The person who put the order in was gone when we picked them out but someone else gave their best guesses. So far I think maybe 3/4 are wrong (which doesn't make me love them any less, I just like looking up what to expect)
1f61c.png

And I'm sure most of you don't get your chicks from ACE, but they were so adamant that all the chicks were girls that I may have been in denial about ONE in particular for a good long time haha. Can you guys give me an idea of what I got on my hands?

Store - BO; My Guess: White Leghorn

Store - BA; My Guess: Black Sex Link

Store - Rainbow Dixie; I think that's right

AAAAND last but not least:
Store - Americauna/EE ; My guess - no clue. No beard, single comb; yellow legs....don't think this is an EE? But more than likely a roo :( :(

Thanks so much for all your help! I can't wait to see what you guys think!

I think you guess are good, I don't know what that last one is either. Some EE don't have muffs and don't have green legs anymore as they are diluting the mixed breed too much so it's possible it's an EE. Don't know if it's a roo. Hopefully someone else has a better idea for you.

I think you guess are good, I don't know what that last one is either. Some EE don't have muffs and don't have green legs anymore as they are diluting the mixed breed too much so it's possible it's an EE. Don't know if it's a roo. Hopefully someone else has a better idea for you.

Thanks!

I think they may all be pullets. White Leghorn or White Rock or Rhode Island White, Black Sex Link, Gold/Red Sex Link, Cuckoo Maran.

Ooh I didn't think about Cuckoo Maran. Can you tell me what characteristics makes her/him seem like a pulley? I think feathering primarily, but her/his comb, feet, wattles make it tough. She does eat more than the rest (hence maybe that's why she's bigger??)

Size comparison to other chicks

It could be a black sex link rooster.

Now after further looking I don't know, it certainly looks mixed.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom