What breed also rooster or hen??

Ethandilley03

Chirping
Jul 12, 2020
IMG_7283.jpeg
IMG_7290.jpeg
IMG_7288.jpeg

21 week old chickens pic 1 and 2 is the same bird hatched from egg told it was a lavender easter egger, but i think it looks like a auracana. I initially thought it was a hen but it has changed the last few weeks i.e grown more feathers, more red around face. The other photo is of my buff orpington, I was quite certain it was a rooster but it hasnt started crowing yet could it be a hen or is it to early for crowing??

View attachment 3724986View attachment 3724989View attachment 3724990
21 week old chickens pic 1 and 2 is the same bird hatched from egg told it was a lavender easter egger, but i think it looks like a auracana. I initially thought it was a hen but it has changed the last few weeks i.e grown more feathers, more red around face. The other photo is of my buff orpington, I was quite certain it was a rooster but it hasnt started crowing yet could it be a hen or is it to early for crowing??
At 21 weeks, the pinking up in the lavender Easter Egger pullet is about right. She could have some auracana in her, but when mixed she becomes an EE.
The Buff Orpington cockerel may be a late crower, but I would say he's most definitely a cockerel. I have had some start at 15 weeks, and some much later.

View attachment 3724986View attachment 3724989View attachment 3724990
21 week old chickens pic 1 and 2 is the same bird hatched from egg told it was a lavender easter egger, but i think it looks like a auracana.
Some Easter Eggers do look like Araucanas.

What country are you in? The Easter Egger does not look like the kind of Araucanas that are in the USA where I live, because Araucanas here do not have feathered feet or a crest on the head. But some other countries have Araucanas (same breed name) with a very different appearance.

Back
Top Bottom